Monday, August 27, 2007

A Little Slip


Rachel is closing her yarn store. I helped get rid of all that pesky Koigu. The mohair is Ironstone something. I'm making a shawl with it, and the yellow stuff nestled next to it. Rachel closing the store is bitter sweet. It is wonderful that she is taking care of herself and her family, and she will have a lot more time for that. Sad that this chapter is over.

Of course she could pull a Gail on us. Gail retired and closed her yarn store of thirty five years. Two weeks later, she had a new location, an new store name, and a new place. She says she got bored. When I get bored I but yarn. When she gets bored....well lets just be glad she's found something to busy herself with, shall we?

Other earth shattering news- I have a cold. SO not fair to have a summer cold. The children gave it too me, of course. I actually have sick time accumulated. I think that means I like this job, because I am not using sick time the moment I got it. Oddly enough, I was sick a lot more in the old job. Stress? Lack of sleep? Bad vibes? Who knows. Since five of us share two computers and two phones, it seems that calling in is actually kinder to my colleagues than going in, even with the increased work load. Also, my cheeks hurt, and I cannot be nice to people when my face hurts. Did mention the nose blowing? Yuck. Go wash your hands right now, in case the computer catches this virus I have...

2 comments:

Elliott said...

Why not blame Scout camp? After all child no. 1 caught the old there even if he did have a great time.

Anonymous said...

I was all set to run there with you, but that cold brought me up short; you'll have to let me know when you're over it. (chemo and all that, you know.) What's the name of Rachel's store? But either way, TKGA here I come. Come!