Thursday, January 24, 2008

Class with Gwen and Freddie!

O M G I am sooo happy. I am signed up at Cotton Patch for a class with my quilty heroines, Gwen Marston and Freddie Moran. I cannot wait. I have never taken a class before.

I spent the last few days going through my scrap bin and cutting 4 inch squares, strips, and finally making color sorted blocks crazy style out of the bits left. Not sure what I'll do with any of it, really. Interestingly, I had the most of greens. I think that is my gut instinct neutral- after all, the leaves always seem to complement the flowers, right? I had the least of yellow- so little that I could not complete even on 14 inch square block. Purple/blue and red were somewhere in between.

I have a fascination with yellow. I hate it and I love it. It is the one color that I absolutely cannot wear, but that I am most likely to paint a wall. The only quilt I've made that I really don't like is mostly yellow, as well. Although it's not just the color, on that one. It has MUltiple Issues. If I can ever find the cable to the camera, I'll discuss further.

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

aaaahh wooohooooo wheeeeeee. I'm screaming for joy for you all teh way from over here. a class with both gwen and freddy? what an absolute blast. you lucky lucky quilter you.