Saturday, May 16, 2009

Spring bird


I was noticing that the finches that come to my feeder are yellow, now, and in winter and spring they are olive. I thought they were a different kind of finch, but when I looked in the bird book it says that that is what goldfinches do- change color season to season. Who knew?

The flowers are magnolia. The branches were done by cutting and then inserting the black strips. I bought this black fabric at a close out place, and after I got home I loved it so much that I went back and bought all they had. They didn't have much, though- only four yards. It looks like the fabric is colored with wax crayons, and I love it so much.

I was thinking of making these quilts in a series. It is supposed to be good for artists to work in a seres, so I will give it a go. Right now I am on an appliqued chicken kick, though, and I will take some photos after the sun comes up. I can't decide if I should piece all the chickens into one top, or make a seres of wall hangings. Hmm.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Very cool. You wouldn't put them all together in one big bird quilt, would you?