Sunday, March 27, 2011

Free Pieced Pineapples!

I got inspired by Kristin LaFlamme's Aloha Pineapple project. I didn't seem to have any Aloha fabric, but I did have Aloha spirit!
Her class is using paper piecing. I wanted to try free piecing, because if you can take it off road, I am going to take it off road!!I squared up to 10.5 inches, because it is easy to see what size top you have then.
So, I just pineapple'd around and around
So maybe it's more like LOCA PINA ( crazy pineapples)!
Here are a bunch all sewn together. Next time I will make the corners out of the black and white fabric.

3 comments:

woolywoman said...

Reposting because blogger swallowed the pictures and comments whole (grrrrr!!!)

Michele Bilyeu has left a new comment on your post "Free Pieced Pineapples!":

'Taking it off the road...LOVE that!
Here's to your free wheeling fun!



Posted by Michele Bilyeu to yarn, kids, dogs, and a few wierdos at 5:23 AM

Anonymous said...

Looks very happy!!!
Maggie in MI

Pattilou said...

What a fun quilt this will be! I don't have any pinapple fabric either--who needs it!!!