Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Blocky Strings? Stringy Blocks?

Well, something like that. I had a whole bunch of these sewn together and I thought they looked sort of too busy, or something, so I took them back apart and am filing them in the parts department.

I pieced the back for the I Love Lucy quilt but haven't basted it. I was upstairs in the administrator's area of the hospital today, ( they have really, really nice bathrooms up there. Really clean bathrooms, and the bathrooms have vases of flowers in them. Like another world. From now on, if I can manage, I'm going to go up and use their bathrooms all the time. ) anyway, I walked past this conference room and noticed it had a really, really, big table. Really big. Bigger than king sized, in fact. I wonder what would happen to me if I took a quitl and my mason jar of pins up there one day and just pinned away, on that big flat well lit table with the big windows of the view? Yeah, I would be in big fat trouble, that's what, but a girl can dream, can't she?

So, I went and saw a rheumatologist and you'll never guess. He was really cool. He didn't spend a lot of time telling me how lucky I was to not be using a wheel chair, like the last guy. ( and using a wheel chair is something I would cheerfully do, if it were my best mobility option. So far, thought, the feet are on board for locomotion.) He just asked me my goals, and when I said that if I could feel better and have less pain, I would like to. He also complimented my ability to give my own history, and said he liked talking to a patient who asked a lot of questions. Then he sent me to the lab for a few zillion labs, and sent me for xrays of my hands and feet, and wrote me a script for a new drug. If this one, called Arava, doesn't work, I move on to the injectables. So, we shall see.

I re washed the pink wool, and it is smelling just fine, now. Really a nice pretty rosy color.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I have thousands of dollars worth of useless Humira sitting in my fridge. Hopefully you won't ever need the stuff, but I'm glad it's out there, at least. My prayer just went up for you to do better and be in less pain.