Sunday, May 02, 2010

Llama To You!

 

Here's one of the many friends I saw at Maryland Sheep and Wool . It is my third year going ( out of four). My BFF and I meet in Baltimore and do our best to stimulate the local economy.

What I love about festivals like this is that everyone there is at least friendly to the idea of making things. One woman did ask me what the spindles were for, but she listened polietly as I told her more that she ever wanted to know. It's like a visit to the tribe, where everyone is up to something interesting and there is a lot to see and do.

I also managed to find a quilt store, Capitol Quilts, and I WISH they could be my local quilt store. Everyone was so nice! They had a huge selection of brights, a big black and white fabric section. It was lovely!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

CraftyGamerGrl said...

yay. glad to hear you are having a good time.

AlisonH said...

Very cool. LOVE that picture! And I so wish I could be there, since Maryland is home.

If you get a chance to check out G Street Fabrics, you don't want to miss it. My-Mom-the-quilter loves the place.