Monday, June 09, 2008

Drawing Room Quilt Top

Anna Maria Horner is this new to me fabric designer, with some wonderful fabric. I went into the fabric store the other day and discovered that she had the whole line of it. It is a wide, complicated large scale fabric, and I was cogitating on how best to use it in a quilt, other than as a really cool backing. I went down to the bookshelf to do some reading and see what the gurus have to say about large scale prints, but that little voice in my head just whisperd- "cut it up, and then sew it back together" so, of course, I did.
I think one more border on the bottom, and that will be that. I have a really nice blue floral that I want on the back.

Other news is that Chronic Pain has been for a visit. I overdid things while building the hen house. I was desperate to get those birds out of the dog crate in the pantry. A dog crate with itty baby chicks in it is just fine- a cage with two vast pooping hens is something else. Their cuteness has been restored by their removal to the yard. But in the process, I've done some damage and I am hoping that Chronic- or Miss Pain as she prefers to be known- is planning a short visit. One never knows, as she is an ungrateful and tiring guest. Lene is learning the same lesson- it somehow makes me feel better that we all push to do as much as possible, and that hardheadedness seems to be in abundant supply.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh amen and I'm so sorry! Get better!

Said the woman on extreme overdo yesterday, trying to keep visiting in-laws happy while my plumbing went berserk beyond all past experiences with such things. Trying not to allow myself to think that I'm starting to flare. (NO!!!!)

Lene Andersen said...

Ah, yes. The Lesson. That we learn over and over and over again.

Eventually, it's gotta stick...

Tonya Ricucci said...

what a gorgeously fun quilt top - I love it. great use of those big fabrics,great colors. The red just adds the perfect zing.

Tonya Ricucci said...

p.s. sorry Miss Pain has come to visit. hope you're feeling much better soon.

Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog said...

I love your cheerful quilt top and isn't Anna Maria just precious! I'm so glad she's designing fabrics now! Thoroughly enjoying your blog!