Monday, September 05, 2011

second painted doll

Here is my second attempt at an inspired by antique dolls painted doll. I put a bead between the stuffing of her head and the fabric of her head, in nose position, to give a tiny little shape to the nose area.

The apron is a part of a thrifted pillow case with really nice cross stitch.  I made the apron with a lining of the same fabric, so that I didn't have to hem all those curves.  Just put the right sides together, sewed around, turned, and then top stitched closed.

Here she is with doll the first.  I like doll the second better- she has a sweet face

And here's a little sailor guy that blew in from ebay.  More about him, later
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

DragonPoodle said...

adorable! the nose is VERY cute too

Magpie Sue said...

Wow, she turned out way cute. Watch out for that sailor boy with those two darling girl dolls!

Michele Bilyeu said...

These are amazing and quite wonderful! You are really, quite talented! I love them!