Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Must Have More Pond


Thanks to all of you who commented or emailed- I appreciate the support. I'm changing jobs, going to a lower stress position. I'll be teaching people who are going home and need to know how to deal with whatever medical gizmo we've stuck to them. Even when people are going home to die, that's much better than staying in hospital to die.

The hardest thing I have done is stand by people when they learn that their child is going to die. Eventually, most people find some way of dealing with the ultimate loss- that of their child. We humans are not meant to outlive our children. Though the bad things happen whether I am there or not, I have just been there too many times, and I need a break. Caring for people who are going home; either to die or to get well, will be a nice change. I have been looking at the same plastic plant for a very long time. Heck, I don't even know my way around the hospital very well- just my current floor and then CT, radiology, etc.

I am wearing the one Turkish style sock that I finished a long while ago. I am hoping to encourage the progress on the second sock- only twelve rows to completion, but I have BAD SSS (second sock syndrome)

No comments: