Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A Bad Day Knitting...



is better than a good day at work. In fact, a whole lot better. I have very little tolerance for the whole knitting as spirituality thing that's going on. I don't begrudge any one any peace they find, but for me, it's just yarn. I like it. It soothes me, it amuses me, and I get to have some thing to show for my time. But today, cynical ol' me managed to eke out a life lesson from the knitting. Remember the first Turkish sock? I was thinking to have the second be different, but the same colors. But, I found I didn't want to knit it. I didn't like the new pattern, it didn't have the fun 4 stitch variation of the first. I ripped back. It was going in the wrong direction. So, O started again, at the toe, and did the pattern I wanted. It is so much better. So, onward to life! Rip back when it's wrong, stay up too late and knit when it's right! Tomorrow: work.

No comments: